Sunday, June 10, 2012

Steam-monger

I recently had the pleasure of participating in a steampunk swap put on my DT member Lyneen. So I've sort of been stuck on steampunk goodies.. thought I won't say I'm the best at representing them ;)

The card I'm showing today is a result of the "stuck on steampunk" -- and I'm now wishing I had made my ATC based more around this piece.

oh well, right? Enjoy!

I stamped the 
in Memento tuxedo black ink on kraft cardstock, and embossed it with VLVS!'s Ultra High Gloss EP. 
I then gave it a bit of life with a coloring of vintage photo distress ink by ranger. Just water down a bit of it and use a paintbrush to paint it on like a beautiful watercolor.
Then I stamped the
on a scrap piece of kraft with the same ink and EP. I wrote steam monger on it, fussy cut it out, and popped up with foam squares.

Here you can see the 3Dness of the card and some of the distressing around the edges.

7 comments:

lisa said...

love the distressing
and the 3d
love to use your stamps and would love some free ones too
I have posted badge
now whats next
thanks

Carly said...

wow! very effective!

xoxox Carly

VicR said...

Love the vintage look of this -- Great coloring, and the cool 3D banner.

Lyneen said...

This is great!!!! Love the stamp!

Barbara Rankin said...

I really like this card and how you used the stamp. Very cool.

Karenladd said...

Love the way you customized your banner with handwriting!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!