Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh so lonely

A couple weeks ago I was really down and really thought about how I don't get out much as I use to anymore, and I don't have anyone to hang out with anymore. So In my sad state I did this little art journal page, using one of Mary Vogel Lozinak images that Viva Las Vegastamps! carries. I LOVE the two plates that I have of her images!


The journal I am using is Straphmore Visual journals in Mix Media paper in 3 1/2 by 5 inch size. The smaller of the journals. This is my 2nd page I've done in the journal. I like the paper. Size I'm not to sure about yet.:) 

I started with gluing some black tissue paper from a left over project with matte medium on the page. After that dried I took the brick wall stencil with some white paint.  I stamped the woman out on white cardstock with Black Versafine ink pad. Embossed it with Ultra High Gloss Embossing powder. Colored her skin and hat Mark it markers. Glued her down. I then went looking for a quote, on a quote site I go to. I found this quote by Mother Teresa. Typed it out on Word. Printed it, cut it and glued the words down. I then took a pen that was hanging around my desk and outlined the words.


Items used:
journal
Black tissue paper
stencil
white craft paint
black craft paint
white cardstock
Versafine ink pad
black craft paint
Matte Medium
glue


4 comments:

cindyw said...

Love this journal page....

Barbara Rankin said...

Great journal page. Love how you made the background, too.

Sandra Strait said...

Love the journal page, but I hope you're feeling more chipper!

DarcieGlam said...

You totally rock these stamps! I love this page - the lady looks awesome.