Friday, May 29, 2020

She spread her wings ► Majo

Hello Peeps,

 today I’d like to show you a tag with lots of VLVS! Stamps, I used two of my favorites, the Squiggle heart and the striped leggings. They’re both so versatile.

I started with a piece of cardstock I had created a while ago. I always do that to have something at hand when I need it. For me it’s relaxing to create something without a goal, just paint, splash, ink, brush …

Let’s get started.

I cut a tag from my master board and stamped the Squiggle heart. I also stamped the heart on a piece of white cardstock and painted it with watered down distress ink.

After masking the image, I stamped the leggings “underneath" and added the butterfly wing and my sentiment. 

For a bit more texture, I stamped the background with a sentiment and added a rub on for the lady to stand on.

A little wooden charm finished my creation.

Have fun playing with your stamps!

I have used the following:
19634 (all from plate 1459)
19832 from plate 1471

Please stay safe, my friends and have fun creating. Happy stamping ♥ 

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wrong is the Fun One

Hey VLVS fans!  As a history buff and one with a dark sense of humor, I thought I would create card using the Plague Doctor with a more positive spin of sorts. For this project, I used the Tim Holtz 3-D Alterations Mechanics Texture Fade, Tim Holtz Texture Fades Skull Damask, Distress Oxide Ice Spruce, confetti, clear plastic sheet, white heavy card stock, metallic card stock, Black permanent ink, Prima Metallic Wax Rich Copper, Small Oval die with another oval die one size up, Embossing Ink, Black Embossing powder, Time Holtz Big Talk stickers, double sided tape and foam tape.

This project is a double-layer shaker card, so the bottom level is the metallic card stock that is embossed with the Mechanics Texture Fade.  The top layer is embossed using the Skull Damask.  I rubbed the folder itself with Distress Oxide, inking only the raised areas, then I placed the white card stock inside to run it through my machine to emboss it.  Once the white top layer is embossed, I used one of my oval die cuts to cut out the center of the card (if you do not have a oval die, you can totally hand cut it out yourself).

Stamp in black permanent ink the Plague Doctor on white card stock.  Allow to dry before coloring the stamped image in with whatever pens, pencils or coloring implements you have.  Once colored, fussy cut the stamped image out.

Position the Plague Doctor within the open window, right sides facing out. Once the Plague Doctor is positioned in the center, glue him down, and then, cut a small square of the clear plastic that covers the hole end to end.  Once properly positioned, glue that down as well.

Cut out strips of foam tape and form a tight, enclosed square on the inside of the card.  Make sure the tape doesn't show from the outside, facing page.

To add a little more depth, use Metallique Rich Copper Wax on the background Mechanics embossed texture.  Wipe on and rub off to create some highlights and more interesting background.

Pour for of your confetti on the inside of the foam tape box.  Depending on your confetti, it might be less that a teaspoon to use.  In my example, I used a bit too much.  Remove the backing on the foam tape and carefully attach the background facing down onto the card, keeping everything aligned edge to edge.

Taking the two different sized oval dies, I cut a boarder with them, and embossed the surface using black embossing powder. Used embossing ink all around the edges, embossing the edges with black embossing powder. Finding the right sayings sticker, I adhered that to the bottom to complete the shaker card.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

It is wine o'clock

Hello everyone,

For today's project I have made an art journal spread using one of my favourite colour combinations. Lately I have been using lots of blues and greens so it was nice to get back to my pinks and oranges!

I think quite of few of us feel like it is wine o'clock in this weird time we are living in ! lol 

Here's how I made it.. 

First I tore two pages out of my journal, the one the final AJ is in, and cut it slightly smaller so I could glue it back into the book. I do this so the book doesn't get any thicker and fuller. I used a stencil and some modelling paste to get some texture and when this was dry I sprayed the pages with Distress Oxide Ink Sprays. The yellow wasn't bright enough form me so I added some Distress Oxide ink in a brighter yellow with a blending tool. (List of materials as well as the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post). After this was all dry I added some white paint over the top with a brayer. Of course it takes on the colour underneath and doesn't show up as white but simply lightens the colours. 

Next I stamped the background with a variety of stamps and ink colours. 

I then got carried away and forgot to take more photos but I didn't do an awful lot more to it. I just added the word currently and did some doodling around the edges. Then stamped the lady, coloured her with Copic Markers, cut her out and adhered her onto the right page. I then stamped the sentiment, changed it and added that to the left page. I doodled around the words, splattered some white ink around and added some shading under the lady. 

I have used the following stamps: 

Rest of materials:
Modeling paste, I used Grunge Paste by PaperArtsy
Stencil - Bubble by Tim Holtz

Distress Oxide Sprays: Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmelade
Distress Oxide Ink: Mustard Seed

White paint by Amsterdam

Archival Inks: Magenta Hue, Venetian Orange, Watering Can and Jet Black.

Thank you so much for stopping by today !