Sunday, June 24, 2012

My first Art Journal Page

I've been working on lots of "new" things lately.. trying new techniques in both scrapbooking and stamping. One of them being scene stamping (which I'll share later) and the other being art journaling!! I'm absolutely falling for the free form open endedness that journaling really DOES have. The page doesn't have to say something to anyone else.. just me. 



Here is my first page (which I'm totally in love with):


I used a Clairefontaine journal which you'll get to see more of later. As well as Distress Stain in Broken China, Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Broken china, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo and Tumbled Glass. 


First I splattered some of my favorite distress colors on the page. Then I cut a Spellbinders floral silhouette die out of corrugated cardboard and inked it up with vintage photo. After I had it glued down I decided I needed a bit more color, so I created a mask out of white cardstock and dabbed on the same colors of distress I had already used. 


I stamped the 





on Kromecote with Memento ink and fussy cut him out. Then I sponged a little vintage photo on his outside and glued him down. I added some twine and floral beads to finish off this page!! 



I'm back and forth on adding a title.. but basically I'd call it "Inspiration" - as it's something new I'm trying inspired by all those that do do it. 

8 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

beautiful!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

I love that page.... I wouldn't 'muddy' it up with a title. Let it be interpretive as it is for others to get their own title of the page in their head.

Lovely!!!

Sandra Strait said...

Your journal page is soooo beautiful! It has an appealing simplicity and just the right touch of texture and color!

cherokee said...

Oh No title! this is a very stand alone piece, needs no words to tell you that it is an inspiration. Beautiful

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Inspiration is a perfect title! It's lovely!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

gorgeous...love the intricate details..done in such a lovely way..thank you for sharing.you inspire me to not be afraid to add that intricate touch in my art journal..which i just started my first..

LeslieRahye said...

beautiful! congrats on your first journal page. You are now officially an addict :)