Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Father's Day Steampunk Style

Today I wanted to share with you some of the first stamps I purchased with Viva Las Vegastamps! When I saw this Steam Engine and the Steampunk Alphabet, I immediately knew this would be a Father's Day card for my Dad who is a model train hobbyist. He and my son share a deep passion for trains--this is perfect for many applications in my crafting!

For this project:

Steampunk Alphabet/Unmounted

Steam Engine 3 x 2

Rangers Archival Ink
Steampunk Paper
Watercolors & Water Pen
Twinkling H20--Egyptian Gold
Adhesive & Foam Squares

These easy cards were created by stamping images on white card stock with Jet Black Archival Ink. The Archival Ink is perfect for water coloring as it does not run with this wet application of color. I went around the edges of the papers with sepia and colored a wash on the Steam Engine. I loaded the brush more heavily for coloring the letters. The letters perfectly fit on a 1" square. The shiny gold is the twinkling H20 and is perfect for Steampunk! 


Thank you for looking at my cards! I hope you enjoy them!
~leslierahye

5 comments:

Carly said...

Fabulous! and sure to be a big hit.

xoxox Carly

VicR said...

Awesome card -- your Dad will Love it!
I have these stamps, and you've inspired me :)

Crystal said...

Love that card..... the alphabet is awesome!!!

Sandra Strait said...

Your work is always so elegant!

Unknown said...

I love this and that stamp is wonderful!!!