Saturday, August 02, 2014

Warning: Hardcore Cat (August Challenge Inspiration)

hardcore cat, full, allassiter, VLVS
Welcome to Friday and a bit of inspiration, from me, Amy using the fabulous illustration for August here at Viva Las VegaStamps! This inspiration is so awesome, unique, and punk rock, I couldn't wait to dig in. I grabbed a piece of 12x12 paper from the Crowded Attic collection by Tim Holtz, and though the vintage theme is a strange mix with the graphic boldness of the inspiration board, I liked how it worked.

title, hardcore, ALLassiter
I began the mixed media journey here, by creating lines for the sun rays,using a ruler and a pencil. To get the brighter orange lines, I needed to cover the "white" area with a piece of paper, and on the other side of the ruler. I used Dylusions mist in Pure Sunshine, to create the orange sunbeams. When those were complete, I added Pan Pastel in orange along the edges, to soften them a bit. I stamped over the "beams" using the tire tread stamp and silver ink. For the "sun" I used the color wheel lines stamp, and overlapped it a bit in a circular area. bg, hardcore, ALLassiter
I added some "punch" to the plain lines, with the cracked background stamp, and gold ink. On top of all of this, I added lots of paint drippings and flickings. Hehe. The brick background was perfect for getting that "graffiti-ed wall"/Banksy's palette I was looking for. photo cluster, hardcore, ALLassiter
Finally, I created a layered cluster around the photo. First, I stamped around the area with the washi grid background, and then I added some black misted cheesecloth, and popped the photo up on 3D foam dots. I stamped the area 51 warning,and the top portion of the No.5 tag using memento ink in tuxedo black, onto library cards, and cut and layered them up. All that was left, was adding embellishments, like the UmWowStudio flourish, metal bits, and alphas to create the title. Voila! I created a way to honor my sweet but hardcore cat, who lived 8 years indoors, before sneaking outside one day....and disappearing for 4 months....then returning one day looking like he had been in a gang fight. He now hangs out on our deck, and catches mice and rats that he presents to me as a lovely gift. ;)
 Thanks for having a look today, and get busy making your own creation using this month's inspiration! (here's a reminder):

Supplies Used:
Viva Las VegaStamps!:Tire tread, color wheel lines, cracked background, brick background, washi grid background, area 51 warning, No. 5 tag
Miracle Tape, Memento Ink-tuxedo black
Paper: Tim Holtz
Inks: IMAGINE Crafts
Paint: Plaid, 13 Arts
Pan Pastel-orange
Metal-Bead Landing
Chipboard-UmWowStudio

3 comments:

by belle said...

Fabulous color

Amy Lynne said...

Thanks, Michele!

Ruth said...

What a great layout to honor your hardcore cat! Love it