Friday, August 22, 2014

Discover Chipboard Printer's Tray {GDT : Irit Shalom}

>>> We are welcoming Irit Shalom back today with a guest spot. Please visit her first post to learn more about her.

Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I am going to show you my second project made as VLVS Guest designer and this is my tribute to Steampunk. About a year ago I hardy knew that this word exists. Now I am a proud steampunk lover and I made this chipboard tray as my 2014: Steampunk year.

I should say that the only Steampunk stamps I own are from Viva Las VegaStamps! and I bought them long before I was asked to be their guest designer. I just think that VLVS have the best assortment of steampunk stamps in the world! I believe that this is true and not just my statement. Then I have a few steampunk chipboards and some Tim Holt
metals. That is practically all. But look how much can be done just with a bunch of lovely stamps, some inks and a lot of imagination!

So here is my tray: each window is heavily stamped, heat embossed and inked over. 


Some of the windows are collaged and some were made with a single stamped image only. The grunge 2014 letters were hand cut and adhered over 3d foam glue for the dimension. I even stamped this small letter in the bottle with Dictionary stamp and rolled into the tiny bottle. As for other techniques: I used crackled paint over the frame and added a darker shade with more ink over the dry paint. I changed the color of metal plaque with alcohol ink. I heat embossed the chipboards around with a mix of 2-3 embossing powders. Not much and maybe even too much. I like the final result and I am very proud of my steampunk project.



Tando Creative, Wycinanka, Ranger, Clearsnap, Meg's Garden, Prima, Tim Holtz- Advantus, WOW! Embossing Powders, Ranger, FWAB

And finally I want to thank DeeDee and VLVS for the great chance to be their guest designer. I hope I inspired VLVS blog readers and hope to be back here some day!

>>> Irit! Thank YOU! for being here, inspiring us, and sharing your beautiful work on our blog.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your steampunk tray Irit! It's Absolutely AMAZING!!! Beautiful work!
Nancy :D

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Irit! I have just loved all of your projects and this one is amazing!

mamablitger said...

Oh dear... What a fabulous steampunk tray.. LOVE all the gorgeous details !!! Thank you for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN