Monday, May 30, 2016

Aflutter {Mail Art Monday with DeeDee}



Hiya folks :) DeeDee here today to round off the month with our last Mail Art Monday!


I created my own envelope after seeing Michele Kosciolek's version of Mail Art Monday. I also recorded all the steps via video and did a voice over for you. Please feel free to watch :) :







Not much writing from me today as most of the info is in the video.. but I did want to say I love how moody this envelope turned out even though I used pinks :) The addition of the gray, book text and stabilo all worked really well together to help tone down the brightness that would have occurred. AND those whimsical clouds are so fun (And come in two styles!) with the stabilo that I will DEFINITELY be doing that again.


I have frequently found myself stamping a lot of the new mixed media stamps on different vintage papers and I love it. It adds such great depth and character to them. Plus.. the vintage book texts look so great on artsy pieces.

Would you like to send us some Mail Art? Please feel free! I've included our address on this envelope so you can find it easily. ♥ we especially love artwork featuring our stamps.. we have TONS of display pieces all around our brick n mortar location.


1 comment:

by belle said...

Love the colors, love the piece!!! I always find a new stamp in your work!!!!