Monday, May 16, 2016

Mail Art Monday... Nursery Rhyme Time

Hello again!!

Its's me Tera here... 

(coming to you from Myrtle beach today!!)



Today I'm here to share how I created this fun and easy envelope inspired by this months inspiration board

Don't forget to check it out and play along with us! 

(link up your project here)



I used the words mouse and numbers to inspire me... Then went a little wild with the story book rhyme "hickory dickory dock" ... Start by stamping out your mouse/rat critter, then masking him off. 



Next stamp the clock over that ... (Also masking it off)....  At this point you begin the background.  
I began with stamping the dot textures around the clock to add depth, and I added the chevrons to create an address label.  Next I inked the background green using various distress inks (crushed olive, mowed lawn, and hints of mustered seed)

For added depth I used black glittered pan pastels around the clock and mouse. I also decided to color in my chevrons with a black glitter wink of Stella pen (just because I wanted to play with it!!! lol) 

(the quote I printed from Microsoft word and used black pen around before gluing down)








Thank you for stopping to visit with us! I hope you found some inspiration to kick off a crafty day!!



2 comments:

Diana said...

Would love to get mail in this. So cute.

Tera Callihan said...

thank you Diana