Monday, May 02, 2016

Mail Art Monday Goes Rogue!

Hi...

Happy Monday!  Tina here today with Mail Art Monday.  Since I am a true Aquarian, I don't like to do things the 'normal' way, so today's Mail Art Monday is going Rogue.  :)

It's no secret that I love Mini Books.  I love what Mini Books represent.  They can be used to jot down shopping list, secret thoughts, or for doodling.  Today, I will show you how I created 2 mini books from envelopes, paint, and (of course) stamps!

 Step One
Prep your envelopes.  Paint 4 large envelopes with gesso.  (2 envelopes per mini book.  Let dry.

Step Two
'Stamp' Distress Paint onto a craft sheet and spritz with water.  Place envelope on paint and 'smoosh' around. (I know, I'm getting real technical here).
Only 'paint' 1 side of each envelope because you will be gluing 2 envelopes together.  I used the 'non-flap' side. 
Repeat on each envelope. 



 Step Three
Emboss each painted side with your favorite VLVS stamp.  I love how the white embossing powder looks against the distress paint.





 Step Four
Glue 2 envelopes 'back to back' and stitch the outer edge with a contrasting wax thread.  Fold in 1/2.

Step Five
Stamp and emboss cover embellishment.
Adhere to cover.


 
Step Six
Cut to size several sheets of watercolor paper for inside signatures.  Punch 2 holes through entire book and bind together with ribbon.

 
VLVS Stamps Used
Doodle Flower Garden  
Handmade with Art
Writing Chevron
Doodle Circle
 Butterfly Specimens
Silhouette Lady Head

And just like that, you have 2 mini books to keep or to give away for presents.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful week! 

 

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !
Corrie x

by belle said...

Great idea Tina!!