Monday, February 08, 2021

WEIRD CLOWN

 Hi everyone!

This is my first post as a new Design Team member!

I made a card with the first ever VLV stamp I bought - I love this clown!



I made the background by using Brushos and a spritz of water.  I used Grey, Black and a hint of Orange.  They go a long way so you only need a tiny amount!  I let it dry naturally as the colours are much stronger that way.



Whilst this was drying, I stamped the clown in Memento black ink and coloured it with Copic pens. I then cut him out and edged with black marker to eliminate any white edges. When the background was dry, I stamped the clown it so I didn't have to cut out the flower stem on his hat.



I then stamped the sewing lines and stitches, and the sentiment, which I cut up into sections.  I went round the edges with a black marker so they would stand out.



Lastly, I put glossy accents on the clown's nose to make it shiny, and coloured the centre of the flower on his hat with gold glitter pen. I mounted it all on black card and a 6 x 6" card.



I hope you like it!


Products used:

Clown 7658

Sometimes I get so weird  18558

Sawtooth Stitching Lines 19643

Stitching 19575


Other products: Brushos and water spray, Black Memento Ink pad, Copic pens, Black marker, gold glitter pen, glossy accents, black card and 6x6" blank card.

1 comment:

Miwa said...

This is awesome, love it! The background looks incredible, too!