Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Mixed media card - three wise monkeys

Hey everyone,

February is cold and dull over here, so I thought I'd bring in some bright colors and created this fun mixed media card.


I'm a little addicted to slimline cards right now, so I started on a die cutted piece of paper and cut another slightly larger one from black cardstock. The background looks way more complicated than it is. I just stamped the harlequin background with two shades of Oxide Ink and sprayed it with water until I was happy with the way the colors dissolved. After it was dry, I added some stamped numbers using one of the background colors.

As a focal point I went with the three wise monkeys and Corrie's overlapping squares as I needed something for the chimpanzees to sit on. I stamped everything down, the squares twice, and colored the images with my alcohol markers.

I cut the images and inked the edges with a black marker. From the second image of the squares I cut some clusters. My plan was to have some parts of it raised with foam tape.
 

Then I built up my focal composition and glued everything down. To finifh the card, I just had to add that quote stamp and put my layers together.


Stamps used:

Harlequin Diamond Background (18920)
Numbers Set (19659)
Chimpanzee Set (10202)
Overlapping Squares by Corrie Herriman (19996)
If This Is Reality (19884)

Other material:
- Canson Watercolor paper
- black and white cardstock
- perfect coloring paper
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator alcohol marker
- Distress Oxide Ink (crackling campfire, rusty hinge)
- Crealies slimline die (clcz184)

 

See you soon with a new project!


3 comments:

Сварог said...

Ох уж эти обезьяны)

by belle said...

Love, love, love!!! Great way to use the squares!

Robbin said...

My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Text (407) 777-4240
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you