Monday, February 22, 2021

Space Jelly by Tracy Blackwolf

 

Hello Everyone!! 

I had this idea in my head for a while. Again, I love metallic, iridescent, and anything sparkly so that is the primary type of products used for this card.

I used a Matt Coat cardstock and applied Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink using the "smooshing" technique. Dried that, then took my Pearl Ex water color pallet- duo and interference colors, and a paint brush and started adding  color at random all over. after that was dry, I took the wet brush and splattered on several colors for a stary look. I then took the Black Soot Distress spray stain and spritzed that on here and there.
Then for a more space look, I used Glimmer Mist Sprays: Spring Rain, Golden Salmon, and Spring Sun. They are very wet so I dried them a bit with my heat tool. I was going for that Nebula look. I then stamped the Astronaut and painted him with white shimmer water color. I used Glossy Accents for his helmet in two layers so it looks more dimensional. Then fussy cut him, Bending his arm and leg to give him a more floating look. 

Next He needed a cord. I found some metallic paper cords in my stash but wanted a mechanical feel so I also added spun tinsel and threaded the paper cord through that. I put a  foam square behind him and also the cord and hot glued those to the back of the astronaut. Set him aside to finish the back ground stamping. I then took the jelly fish stamp and used black ink and Brilliance pad Peacock to randomly place the jelly fish. Jelly fish are kind of Alien like to me so I thought they fit the theme of this card. You can see how different the colors look by the way the light hits the card. 

To finish up, I cut my layers of card stock how I liked, And before placing the image layer down, I taped the other end of the cord to the back side of it to hide the end. I wanted the suggestion of a ship close by that he's tethered to.
I hope you all feel inspired to reach for the stars and create away!

Stamps used:
Jellyfish (20059)
Astronaut (19367)

Other materials:

Versafine black ink    

All others listed above.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Text (407) 777-4240
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you