Saturday, April 29, 2023

The Butterfly by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello Everyone!!

Today's project is a mixed media on canvas board. Enjoy~

To start This piece, I got a 4 x 5 canvas board. I sprayed on some distress spray stains, Dried them with my heat tool, And  then stamped the writing background ..  I then   randomly put white crackle paste over it leaving empty spots. I used a small pallet knife That has to dry overnight for the cracking to happen.
Once dry, I sprayed some more spray stains making sure some went down in the cracks.
While I waited for that to dry, I stamped the butterfly three times and cut it out in varying parts, and then colored it in with alcohol ink markers.

I wanted kind of an old look so I cut a strip of silk to have coming out of one of the layers-
I used foam tape between the layers to get some great dimension. I started to assemble my butterfly onto the canvas. I shaped the wings a bit using my fingers to roll the edges. I went back in with the blending marker because I was not happy with how the markers were blending. I ended up going over it with some spray stains and a paintbrush just to refine the blend a bit more. I put some inks on the silk to grunge it up a bit.
Then of coarse it needed some black crystals - and a little face bead. Last I Found a little verse board and added a green crystal and some foam tape and applied it to the canvas. And that is it! Done!
Stamps Used:
Butterfly Gossamer, lg.     7760
French Writing     20646

Other supplies:
Ohuhu alcohol markers
Ink- Versaclair pinecone, Nocturne
Distress spray stains: Vintage photo, Gathered twigs, Twisted citron, Victorian velvet, Tea Dye, Antique linen
Crackle paste by Golden
Silk gauze
4 x 5 board canvas
Moon bead
Black and green crystals
TH Quote chips




 






No comments: