Sunday, April 09, 2023

A Mail Art

 Hi Everyone! 

Corinne with you today. For my first project as guest DT for a few months, I had fun creating a first Mail Art, at the moment I love creating such decorated envelopes, it's so fun. 

Of course as mixed media offers such a variety of possible supports, it will change in the future, no worries ;-)

So let's start... I used recycled envelopes.


Then I simply played on separate papers by sprintzing several vibrant Izink liquid inks on two sheets of smooth watercolor paper. My goas was to use it for my background, for collaging some parts of it on a really poor paper envelope used as my support.



To add texture, next I sprayed some more colors on top of it, over some beautiful masks and stencils. But I forgot to take a picture of the process at this stage, sorry. 

In a second step, I took another sheet of watercolor paper, used some postage dies I have in my stash to create some false postal stamps, and also quickly sprayed inks over all the die-cuts. 


This is the result after drying all the elements. 


Time to play with them and add some stamping! 
On a piece of rhodoid, I drawed several squares fitting the size of my postage die-cuts, then cut the inside. By this way, I have a stencil ready to go, to help masking the outside parts of my desired stamped images if needed. 


You can see how I used it below. I created two fake postal stamps with brown and black permanent inks by stamping only some parts of the wonderful large Bug Specimens. The result is beautiful, isn't it? 


After cutting to the size of my envelope a central part of my A4 sheet background, I started to assemble and glue my prepared elements. 



I stamped either directly or on scraps of gelliprint papers some words and mixed media symbols and marks. You will find the full list at the end. 

The text over the three lines embossed initially in white was not enough visible and realistic for me, so I decided to recover it with black Versafine ink. As the stamping can not be adjusted perfectly (I didn't use a stamping platform), it just added some nice black shades to the text, and that's just what I wanted. So perfect! :)   


I also stamped on separate pieces of tissue paper the words Mail Art, and Deliver to, then collaged them with also little pieces of contrasted paper to add some interest. 


I decorated also the back side, using simply the leftovers.

And here the final result, after a few splatters of white paint added. 

At first, the front cover of my mail art:




... And the back. I really love it too!!


I hope you like this mail art. 

I don't know yet if I will keep it for myself as I love it, or send it to a dear friend! Anyway, a thing is sure, it made me smile and spend a great time doing it!!

Until the next time, I wish you a very happy Easter! 


Corinne (aka ~Cocofolies)


Stamps used:

Bug Specimens

Deliver to

Mail Art

Create art every day

Assemic Stripes

Writing Circles Background

Carved Xs

Writing and Scribbles Collage


Other items used:

Stencils 'Art Nouveau' and 'Tribal Frenzy', by GiogioCraft

Seth Apter Izink inks in various colors 

Versafine Clair inks (I used mainly Fantasia, Nocture and Pinecone) 

Sizzix and other postage dies

200g/m2 watercolor paper

old envelopes

washi tape

Versamark + white / clear embossing powders

gel medium + scotch glue 



No comments: