Monday, March 13, 2023

MAKE ART NOT WAR - by Fran Chalmers

Hello everyone!

Today I have made a postcard with a great message.


Firstly I made a background using brushos and water.  I needed paper that would hold water to do this.  I love the way the brushos mix and make a textured look.


 


I stamped the main stamp in black on the lightest part of the background, which I then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then added some gems and coloured the lips red.


In the darkest area I stamped the sentiment with Versamark so I could emboss it with white embossing powder.  I missed off the top and bottom of the stamp.


I finished off the postcard by adding a couple of edging stamps and some crosses on the background to give it some more interest .



Stamps Used:

Cross Marks Background 20165

Sawtooth stitching lines 19643

Whimsical lady's face with tears 19773

Banksy Make Art Not War


Other Items Used:

Brushos in Yellow Ocre, Purple and Grey

Versafine Clair inks in Nocturn and Fantasia

Versamark ink

White detailed embossing powder and clear embossing powder

Red Pen

Gems



1 comment:

nathwest said...

love it !