Monday, October 10, 2022

I REMEMBER....by Fran Chalmers

 Hi everyone!

Today I have made a postcard.  It's rather topical at the moment as the Councils round here seem to be building and building and all the green space is disappearing!


First of all I made the background using the brick wall stamp and a stencil of buildings from my stash.  I coloured the wall with pencils, and used Distress Ink on the stencil.



I coloured the buildings in a lighter shade of the same distress ink, and also added sky with another stencil from my stash.


I replaced the stencil and used modelling paste to raise up parts of the stencil, and left it to dry overnight.


I highlighted the windows with a fine black pen and a white pen.


I then stamped the boy onto thick paper and coloured him in with copic pens, and cut him out. I put him on sticky pads on the card to  make him stand out more.


I added the sentiment and went round the edge of the card with distress ink in Black Soot.



Stamps Used:

I remember when all this was trees 20648

Banksy Boy catching snowflakes 20662

Brick background 19077

Other items used:

Building stencil

Sky stencil

Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot

Polychromos pencils

Copic pens

White gel pen

Black fine liner

See you next time!



No comments: