Saturday, August 10, 2019

You gotta fight - Art Journal Page || by Elisa Ablett


Hi everyone,

Elisa here from the design team for VLV Stamps with my latest design team inspiration for you, a very bright and funky art journal page.

I adore the Banksy Wall Singer stamp and decided I wanted to create something a little different with her. I was at a craft retreat recently and I pulled out my stash of stamps ready to create my latest design team projects and a friend of mine suggested using little pieces of paint chips!

I was intrigued by the idea and took it a bit further by expanding the paint chips to look as though they were coming from her mouth as she was singing....

Let's take a closer look - 


To create a multi coloured embossing effect can be quite tedious but the results are amazing, you just have to layer in lines of colour and clean up in between each colour!

Torn bits of coloured washi tape over the top of the Rows of Numbers stamp to create a grungy effect.

I also like to recycle old paper a fair bit so I used a small piece of old dictionary paper, fussy cut a circle out and stamped with punchinella-sequin-waste-border , Cross Marks background and Cross Stitch stamps to create a 'spotlight' or focal point for our main stamp - Banksy Wall Singer.



I created the lines of paint chips by brayering paint onto white cardstock, letting it dry then randomly cutting small pieces and patterns from each colour. Then the painstaking part..... adhering them to your page using glue. Then once dry, I added a border of doodling to the paint chip rainbow and then adhered the musical-notes over the top.


The quote are lyrics from a song by the Beastie Boys called - 
Fight for your Right and printed from the computer but I think it would make an awesome stamp.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you leave me some love 
πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ

Hugs 

Elisa xx

Stamps used:


Other materials used:

Art by Marlene Art Journal
Black Gesso
Colour Blast Embossing Powders
Versafine Ink
Washi Tape
Decoart paint
Dictionary Paper
White Posca Paint Pen


1 comment:

RockPaperScissors said...

Great Job!
That is one of my favorite pieces!