Friday, August 09, 2019

Like a Queen - Art Journal Page | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb here with my latest design team project with you. Today I am sharing a whimsical style art journal page that I created on some loose leaf black A4 cardstock. I don't often create on dark backgrounds, but I felt like a change of pace.


I started by creating my background using Dylusions acrylic paints and a stencil from StencilGirl. I stamped over the top using black ink with the Wildflowers Silhouette stamp; and around my page using the Sky of Stars Background with a Distress Oxide. 


I created my "whimsical being" using a variety of stamped pieces put together - Striped LeggingsDressformSet of WingsCat Mermaid. I simply stamped, cut, coloured and pieced.

The border was stamped also using a Distress Oxide with the Doodle Frame stamp and I used the Treat Me Exactly Queen phrase stamp to add text to my page.


I used Distress Oxides again with the Beautiful Lily and Leaves and 3 Extra Leaves stamps to add extra detail over my background (love how these look over a black background!); and added gold splatters using a Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray. 


You can see how I put this page together in my process video on the VLVS YouTube channel:


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:

Other materials:
- Black and white cardstock
- Ranger Dylusions acrylic paints
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Miracle Tape
- White cotton thread
- Heidi Swap Color Shine

No comments: