Tuesday, November 07, 2017

A kind of pocket letter inspired by Banksy !

Hello everyone,

Today I have 9 ATC's for you. I have put them into one of those baseball card sleeves so I suppose that makes it a kind of pocket letter. I think the Banksy stamps are still my favourite and I really enjoy using them ! I have used a whole lot more of stamps for this project so sit back and enjoy !


And here is how I made it : 


I made a basic background with acrylic paint and a gelli plate.  I cut the Mixed Media to size; 7,5 x 10,5" which is exactly 9 ATC's. 


After I finished printing I used a brayer and white paint to tone it down a little. 



Next I used this fabulous Dahlia stencil by UmWow Studio with Distress Oxide Inks. This is not waterproof but if you would like it to be you could always clear emboss over the top of your stencilling. This ink stays wet for a long time so it is ideal to heat emboss. 


This is how that looked. 


Next I added some stamping. I have to apologise for the blurry photo; I don't know what happened there.. 


Next I used the white paint and the brayer again to tone it down. 


This is how it ended up. I like it ! :o)


Next I cut it into 9 equal pieces. 


I then went through my Banksy stamps and selected the ones I wanted to use... 


and where... once I had chosen it was a case of stamping the images onto the cards and the sentiments on separate white card stock. I wanted them white and black to make them stand out more. 



And this is how it ended up ! 

Here are a few close ups... 





I used an enormous amount of stamps for this project : 


I hope you enjoyed my post today and I haven't exhausted you ! lol 

Thank you for stopping by !




4 comments:

Sharon Foulk said...

very cool! I love working in series!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Very cool !! And these colors !

Peg said...

I love these, gorgeous, quirky, with a little bit of snark.

by belle said...

LOVE!!