Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Quote Artist Trading Cards with Jenn Engle

Hey Everyone! I have a trio of Artist Trading Cards to share today. I was looking thru my stamps and realized there are so many great quote stamps by VLVS that they shine all on their own. So, I decided to showcase a few of my faves on ATCs.

To see exactly how I made them, check out the video at the end of this post.

STAMPS USED:


I started out with 3 cards cut to 2.5" x 3.5" that already had some modeling paste thru a text stencil on the cards. I adhered some Sewing Pattern tissue paper to my cards with Collage Pauge Matte.

 Next, I took 3 colors of Fluid Acrylic paint and applied them to my cards. Once that was dry, I did some stamping with Mesh Texture and Numbers Set. Then, I scraped some gesso (white paint works, too) around my cards using a palate knife.


The last step was to add my quote stamps. I stamped them out, cut them apart, then inked all the edges with a black ink pad to help them stand out. I splattered some yellow paint all over and that's it!





STAMPS USED:

Other Products Used:
Watercolor Paper
Modeling Paste
Text Stencil
Sewing Pattern
Collage Pauge in Matte
Golden Fluid Acrylic in: Quinacridone Magenta, Cobalt Turquoise, Indian Yellow Hue, Hansa Yellow Medium
Liquitex Gesso
Staz-On Ink in Black


Thanks for looking,
Jenn

1 comment:

by belle said...

Great background Jenn!!