Monday, January 22, 2024

Sunflowers by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!

I'm on the blog today with a bright and sunny card- needed a change from the freezing cold and gray.


To start this card, I made a circle with foil glue. Let it get tacky and clear- that's how you know its ready for the foil. Then I stamped the large sunflower as well as the single smaller sunflower. I then took leafing foil in copper and pressed it onto the circle, brush off excess with a soft brush.

Next I used distress spray stains as watercolors and painted in the background outside of the circle. I was careful to not get any paint in the flowers.
I kept playing with the colors until I was happy. Next I used alcohol markers to color all of the flowers and the pale purple background inside the circle.
Last, I trimmed the card down quite a bit so I could layer it onto two card stocks.
Not so quick card for all of the coloring but then I was in no rush and I find coloring very relaxing.
And that is all - I  hope you enjoyed.


Stamps used:
Leafy sunflower   1170
Sunflower stem    9209

 Other supplies:
Alcohol markers
Distress inks as watercolors- Salvaged patina, squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry
Copper foil leaf

      





No comments: