Friday, September 08, 2023

Halloween night by Tracy Blackwolf

Hello everyone!

Here is my card for this weeks project. Its a lovely creepy Halloween eve.


 

for this card, I started with the moon. I wanted a really creepy moon so I used the skull as the face.

For this, I stamped the moon in a gray ink, stamped on scratch paper first then on my cardstock.

Then for the skull, I inked the skull stamp, wiped off the ink around the face and stamped gently on scratch paper then onto the moon. Took a few times to get it just right. Keeping in mind, the ink will lighten a bit when dry. Next step was to get my main card ready So I got out my ever trusty sprays.

So I got out my "sunset colors and just started spraying. I love the mixed media heavy stock post cards, they can handle alllll the inks. I keep adding inks until I'm happy. Sometimes I dry a bit with heat tool before adding more.
I painted the moon and stamped and fussy cut the house and then painted it. After the card was dry I stamped the old tree. Then I added bats and the grave stones and the fence. again, keep in mind inks will lighten when completely dry. I used foam tape on the  house and double stick tape on the moon and attached to the card. Added a bit of orange to the windows to give more life and used white gel pen to color teeth of skull.
Yes, I often have images that go outside the card, I still need to layer this at this point but it still is outside the edges and that's okay, I just get a larger envelope if its one I'm giving away. 
Also, this is one in a series of moons I will be doing in a row.
Thanks for looking, I hope you're inspired.

Stamps Used:
The moon    20157
Old tree   19835
Skull    2403
Flock of bats    18909
Cemetery  18907
Spiked fence   18919


Other supplies:
Distress sprays: Spiced marmalade, cracklin campfire, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, wilted violet, shaded lilac

Versaclair ink pads : Nocturne, morning mist
White gel pen





No comments: