Friday, February 24, 2023

Stop Wars by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello Everyone!

This weeks blog is a bit dark but fitting for the one year mark of the war on Ukraine. 

Not to be too grim, but I felt the sentiment is fitting. 

I chose my colors of  distress spray stain and sprayed, keeping in mind to leave a lighter area at the horizon. After spraying my tag, I spritzed with water and a bit more color and let them blend together. I tipped the tag various ways for the ink to run together a bit here and there. When I pleased with the result, I dried it with my heat tool.




Next I inked the broken fence stamp with a grey ink and stamped it. Then I turned it  around to stamp it facing the first one.
So It looks like a hole in the fence. Next I stamped the bird. I used a white gel pen to highlight his bones as they got a bit lost in all the color. I wanted a sort of rotting corpse so I painted some red and added some texture paste to help that look. Next I stamped and fussy cut the gas mask guy and added paint his jacket and gray under his eyes.
I used foam tape behind him to give him dimension. Then placed him on the tag.
The next step I did was to  Stamp the tree on each side. I used gray ink to paint some smoke coming off the branches, billowing up. Next I took the banksy stop wars stormtrooper  stamp and inked  just the words and stamped at the top.
I went in with a paint brush and some black ink to fill in the missing parts of letters a bit. Then went in with my white gel pen to make the o and p show a bit more.

And then I called it done. I hope you like what I've done this week, until next time....Stay artful!


Stamps used:
Jagged chain link fence     19140
Raven specimen    20058
Man in gas mask    19135
Banksy storm trooper stop wars    19974
Weathered tree   19467

Other supplies:
Distress spray stains: Mustard seed, Twisted citron, Forest moss, Lumber jack plaid
White gel pen
versa claire ink pads: Nocturne, morning mist
Texture paste










1 comment:

nathwest said...

love this tag !