Monday, April 11, 2022

Life is Beautiful by Fran Chalmers

Hi everyone!

Today I've made a card  to say that Life is Beautiful! I hope you  like it.


I made the background  by smooshing distress inks in Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade on a piece of card.  I dried between each layer so the colours didn't go too muddy.


 I then used a gold glitter pen to draw around some of the shapes that the ink had made.


I used a mask with musical notes on, with distress ink in Lucky Clover.


I stamped out the main image and cut it out.  I did try colouring the whole image, but it didn't really work and got a bit lost in the background, so I decided to keep her monochrome apart from a red lip.


I stamed the sentiment and decided to cut it up so I could place it differently on the card.


Lastly, I drew round the edges with a fine black liner, then layered the card onto black card, and then onto cream card.


Hope you enjoyed this card.  See you next time!

Stamps Used:

Banksy Life is Beautiful 20292

Banksy Wall Singer 20303

Other Items Used:

Distress Inks : Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Lucky Clover

Versafine Clair ink in Nocturn

Black fine liner

Red Copic Pen

Gold Glitter Pen

Stencil of musical notes

Black backing card



No comments: