Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Happy Place Sunrise by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!

Today I have a card that is a happy place ....A house in the woods by the lake.

I hope you enjoy it.

So First I took Some masking paper and stamped the house in black ink and then dried it. Then I took my card and stamped the house on that and dried it. I needed a mask so I could have the trees behind the house.

Then I took the trees stamp and inked with several inks and stamped several times, filling the background with trees. some without re inking. once happy with that I removed the mask of the house to check it before putting it back on.

Then I took my brown dye inks and smashed them on something plastic- can be ink pad lid, plastic bag, etc. I spritzed with water to use as watercolor and painted the tree trunks. I did the same with my sky colors and  proceeded to color the sky.


I kept the mask on as I was painting to keep the house clean for a different color. I kept layering the colors until I was happy with the look of it all. Adding darker colors where needed like the tree trunks. Once I was happy with the trees and sky, I removed mask and worked on the house.

after happy with that I cut some black and some cream colored cardstock and layered it all for a finished card.
I love using what ever I can for water coloring. I love the way the colors blend.
I hope you enjoyed this card... keep arting!!


Stamps Used:
Old House       19741
Redwood Trees       19718
Line of rocks      19720

Other Supplies:
Colorbox chalk ink pads: Dark Moss, Lime Pastel

Versaclair: Pne cone, Morning Mist, Nocturne

Distress spray inks: Forest moss, Speckled Egg, Shaded Lilac, Stormy Sky, Crackling Campfire, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo

Masking paper: judikins





1 comment:

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Your image is super cool!! I love the way the house jumps out at you!