Sunday, March 13, 2022

VooDoo by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello all! Here is my project for this weeks blog. Hope you enjoy.


So for this project, my main base is a resin frame I made. 

I painted it with white gesso and then used spray stains to add color.




I dried it with my heat tool and then glued on the resin skulls and also painted them.
I painted the voodoo man with twinkling H2os  and fussy cut him out. for his skull face Used pearl x watercolors as the white is very white. The brown inks I used for the part of his face that is not skull like.
Its hard to see on the photos but hopefully you can see well enough. After his paint job, I stamped and fussy cut and painted the skull and bones. I found a plastic snake in my stash and ended having to cut him in half to get him to lay the right way. love that hot glue gun! You can see the bottom half of the snake glued on the back of the frame. 


 
Once I got my parts done and voodoo man put on the frame I finished putting the rest of the embellishments on. some creepy candles, some moss, a resin bone, a resin crow for his hat. The realistic skull peeking from behind the frame....
And that is it! Done!
I hope you enjoyed my New Orleans inspired project~ until next time, Keep arting!


Stamps used:
Humerus bone     19728
Realistic skull       19724
African American gentleman      20419

Other supplies:
Disstress ink: Walnut stain, Vintage photo
Pearl x watercolors:white
Disstress spray stain: Speckled egg, Forest Moss
Twinkling H2O's : Black, red
Zuri mould : lover of darkness
Finnabair mould: frames
Candles: TH







No comments: