Saturday, February 26, 2022

Enjoy what's left of winter.... by Tracy Blackwolf

Hello all!

Hope you're all doing well - this week on the blog is a quick and easy card, enjoy.


The background is done using spray stains. I just love how the colors blend together. When you're happy with the color blend,  dry with heat tool to stop the process. Once the background was dry, I stamped the running lady and dried her. Then I used a paint brush and a bit of the spray stain to color her dress a bit.



I then took the bubble wrap texture and stamped it with two different ink pads ,one on each side just for some texture. after that I took a sheet of acetate and stamped the bugs around so they are chasing her.. Its hard to tell but doing that on the acetate gives a bit more dimension. And also if you don't like the placement of the bugs, you can stamp another sheet of acetate..


After that I used the computer to make the words I wanted for this card...A little more spray stain brushed on with a paint brush and some foam tape on the back and done. I also used some tiny black foam tape on the back of a couple of the flies to attach the acetate.

I know most of us are sick of winter but the sentiment is so true- spring/ summer brings the bugs.LOL

Be safe ,find humor where you can, and keep doing art!

Stamps used:

Running lady    1080

Bubble wrap texture    19566

Mosquito   1885

Fly   18952

Other supplies used:

Kaleidacolor ink pads: Riviera and Desert Heat

Disstress spray stains: Salvaged Patina, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold

Acetate

Black Staz on ink for the acetate

Versafine ink for lady




No comments: