Thursday, August 12, 2021

Art journal page - Jump at your own risk

 Hi everyone,

I'm back on the blog with a new art journal page. It's a quick one that I created in my lunch break as I'm still mainly working from home.

I started by stamping the newsprint in several spots and did not care much for a perfect impression. On top I used some Lindy's sprays and water and dried the page with my heat tool.
I added some more stamping with the writings and scribbles collage and some splatters of watered down gesso and dried it again.
Here you can see the two stages of my background, the first steps on the right and with the added finishing touches on the left:

I used a cut out photo of the jumping Grace Kelly as my focal point and paired that with a text stamp from the latest release: Jump at your own risk.

That's it - a quick but fun project. Here are a few more photos of the finished page:

 

Stamps used:
Sheet Of Newsprint (20676)
Writings and Scribbles Collage 20695)
Jump At Your Own Risk (20668)
 

Other material:
- Art Journal, 5.5 x 5.5 inch
- scrap paper
- Versafine Claire Ink (nocturne)
- Lindy's Gang Sprays (flat fabio: blazing black; starburst: time travel teal)
- Gesso
- copied image


See you soon!


No comments: