Monday, February 03, 2020

Two Valentine's cards in one with Josefine

Hello everyone! This is Josefine and today I wanted to share an idea for quick Valentine's cards (since it is close to the 14th and such).

I started by creating two card bases. In my case these are 7"x3.5" (folded), but any size would have been fine. I then stamped the Squiggly Heart with a light grey ink. For this technique, I used my Misti stamping tool, because I will stamp that heart a couple more times onto the same spot, and the Misti allows me to do that.

Next, I needed a bit color - pink shades, of course - and instead of just applying it, I used my smallest Gel Press and mono printed the paint on top of the grey heart. My goal was to add only small spots, so I didn't press the paper entirely onto the Gel Press but dabbed it onto small areas instead.

Nest, I lined up the card base in my Misti again and stamped the heart in a dark black.

Now I fuzzy cut the inside of the heart.

I'm not using the cut out for this project, but I kept it. You never know.

Then I used the card base with the cut out heart as a stencil. I put another card base (in the same size) underneath the original one and blended some more ink shades on top.

This way, I now had a wonky heart on the second card base and just had to stamp the heart one more time. Again, easily done because I just had to align it on my stamping tool.

And here are the two cards I made. One is a see through card (I'm thinking about adding a picture in the middle here). The other is a one-layer card with a sentiment on top. And both together make two quick and simple Valentine's card - two in one ;)

Stamps used:

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you liked my two quick cards and now have a good idea for some quick cards - in case you still need some.


Have a great week.
Josefine

2 comments:

Julie S said...

Clever use of the negative and positive spaces. Love this!

laixinjie said...

custom sweatshirts is your online source for custom custom hard hats,cheap custom hat and designer backpacksand and custom sweatshirts specifically customized with your logo, artwork or slogan