Thursday, February 20, 2020

Dreamer's disease

Hello everyone,

anyone else here who is as addicted to old books as I am? I love to include vintage paper to my projects or even journal into old books directly. The spread that I want to share with you today is made in one of those books.





Before working in an old book, you should make a few preparations. I always seperate a few pages to get some space for my layers so the book can be closed without getting too bulky. And I glue two or three sheets together, depending on the texture and thickness of the paper. This helps to make the surface sturdier. I also prefer to prime my pages with gesso as I'm often working with fluid mediums like inks or watercolor.





I chose the girl in the paper boat as my focal image, just because it's one of my all time favorite stamps. I created layers with gesso, texture paste and Distress Oxide Sprays. To keep that vintage look of the spread I tried not to add too much color. Some background stamping made everything come together.





To finish it off, my page just needed a quote and "you've got the dreamers disease" was the perfect one. I stamped it onto a piece of old book paper (one of the sheets that I seperated from the book), and sewed it onto a piece of cloth that I dyed with Oxide Ink spray. I always like those sewing or stitching accents in my projects. If you don't have a sewing machine you can always add them by hand.



Here you'll find the stamps I used for my project:
Banksy Child Fishing In Paper Boat (19939)
You've got the Dreamers (20354)
Postcatd - ATC size (19931)
Row of numbers (20170)


Other materials:
- Old book + additional page
- Gesso
- Texture paste
- Versafine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Archival Ink (Coffee, Garden Patina)
- Oxide Sprays (Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet, Walnut Stain)
- Stencil
TCW554S from The Crafter's Workshop
- Sewing machine and piece of old cloth


I hope that my spread inspired you. See you soon!



4 comments:

bockel24 said...

ganz toll gelungen, gefällt mir sehr!

Leanne J said...

Amazing.

Unknown said...

Did you know there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried inside his chest?

That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, treasure and protect you with his entire heart...

12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will make him work harder than before to take care of you.

As a matter of fact, triggering this mighty impulse is so essential to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will instantly notice him open his mind and heart to you in such a way he's never expressed before and he will distinguish you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.

by belle said...

I love the subtle amount of color with the gesso!