Monday, May 27, 2019

What the Buck? | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have an 8.5x11" mixed media scrapbook layout that features some photos of my daughter riding a mechanical bull that I paired with a super cool bucking horse stamp.


To create my layout, I started by making a watercolour style background using Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon).
I then added some stamping to my page using the Cross Marks Background and Bullet Hole stamps and black StazOn ink. I also added some small pieces of torn chevron print washi tape.


Next, I added some book paper and blue tissue paper to form a mat for my photos, before adding them on top. Alongside my photos I added a handmade felt and hessian chevron from Charms Creations.

For the feature embellishment on my page I chose the fabulous Cowboy on Bucking Horse stamp; which I stamped onto cardstock, coloured using alcohol markers and then cut out. I added some foam tape behind it to help pop it up from the background.


I then stamped the You Only Live Once quote several times across my page; added some wood veneer stars; my journalling; and finally my title, using a mix of Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphas and American Crafts Thickers.


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used: 

Other Materials:
- Miracle Tape
- Bazzill cardstock
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Alcohol markers
- Book paper, tissue paper, washi tape
- Charms Creations chevron
- Wood veneer stars
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphabet stickers
- American Crafts Thickers
- Foam mounting tape, Sharpie

No comments: