Tuesday, May 14, 2019

be an ADVENTURER by Guest Elisa


Hi Viva Las Vegas Stamp fans,

Elisa here from the Guest Inspiration team with my next project for you featuring some gorgeous VLVStamps.

I had cleaned and dried a lot of old teabags recently for another project and had a few left over and decided they would be perfect to stamp on for an off the page project. I had come across this lovely VLVS Shell stamp and it hadn't been used as yet....so of course I had to test run it on a sea-themed project and I think the teabags are a perfect addition to achieve a vintage look on your project.


Let's take a closer look at the Viva Las Vegas Stamps that I have chosen to use on this project.


The main feature stamp to my project is the gorgeously detailed 'Nautilus Sea Shell', stamped directly onto a dry recycled tea bag. I tore the edges of the tea bag a bit to make it look a little more worn. The tea staining on the bag gives a great vintage look and ties in well with the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink colour on my project.


TIP: Add modelling paste or texture paste to your project with a palette knife and then tip a paint brush upside down and poke the paste with the end creating circles in the paste. Dry the paste and colour, creating textured coral - great for a sea themed project!



I also used a 'bubble background' stamp to create texture in my background, you can see glimpses of it in the close ups!


Lastly, the 'Be An Adventurer' saying stamp was used to finish up my sea themed project. I stamped and then hand coloured to match. then fussy cut out and adhered to my project.


VLVS! Supplies:
Bubbles Background.

Ink pads : Staz on - Black 
Other Supplies:
Box Board ATC
Coral Die - Kaisercraft
Crafting Wire
Netting Chipboard - 2Craftychipboard
Green Seed Beads - Finnabair Art Ingredients
Prima St Tropez Anchor Embellishment
Music Paper
Tea Bags
Modelling Paste
Paint Brush
Straw
Black Gesso
White Acrylic Ink
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink = Cracked Pistachio and Vintage Photo
Colour Blast Colour Spray in Lagoon
Faber Castell - Gold Gelato
Dental Gauze

Thank you for stopping by the blog today !
Hugs

Elisa xo


No comments: