Monday, May 13, 2019

Clowning Around | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest VLVS design team project with you. Today I have a fun mixed media scrapbook layout to share that I created to document a couple of silly SnapChat selfies of my sister and I. (We just love clowning around! hehe)


To create this page I started with an A4 sized sheet of cardstock; then I mixed some Dina Wakley acrylic paints (I used a combination of 'Night' and 'Lapis') to get the right shade I wanted for my background. I applied it roughly using a spatula and set it aside to dry.

Whilst it was drying, I chose some stamps for my background. I wanted to continue the confetti theme from the photos and have the patterns cascading down the page, which I also planned to stamp using acrylic paint. 


I started with the Grunge Circles, which I stamped using 'Ruby' paint repeatedly down the page. I then used the Sky of Stars Background stamp with 'Cheddar' paint and followed the same line down the page.
I then switched to midnight blue ink and stamped the Smiley Face and Somebody Stop Me.


To go with the theme of my page, I stamped out a few images from plate #1383 designed by Mary Vogel Lozinak - Unicycle LadyMan in Short Pants; and Director. I coloured each of the images using markers and then fussy cut around them. I also stamped the All Circuses quote. 


I added some frayed gauze to my page before adding my photos on top with the quote stuck along the bottom edge.


I then stuck the little characters across my page using foam tape to give them a bit of dimension. 


To finish off I added some scattered sequins for a bit of sparkle and I was done!

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!

Stamps used:
Grunge Circles
Sky of Stars Background
Smiley Face
Somebody Stop Me
Unicycle Lady
Man in Short Pants
Director
All Circuses

Other materials:
- Miracle Tape
- white cardstock
- Dina Wakley acrylic paints
- Tsukineko Staz On ink (black and midnight blue)
- markers
- foam tape
- frayed gauze; sequins

No comments: