Wednesday, December 26, 2018

That Look of Otherness.. An Art Journal Page by Jenn Engle

Hi Friends! I have an art journal page to share with you today using some of the fab Ethos stamps by Tina Walker as the stars of the page. I just love the hand carved feel of the Ethos Stamps.




STAMPS USED:


There is a lot going on in the page, lots of layers and steps. So, be sure to check out the video at the bottom of this post to see exactly how I made it!



HOW I MADE IT:
I started out with the Dina Wakley Acrylics in a watery wash all over the background. Then I did some stenciling on top of that, hoping it would bring everything together.




Then, I stamped my fave (don't I say that about every stamp?!) the Scribble Circle, trying to make a visual triangle on my page. I added some scribble sticks and stabilo to make the circles stand out more.





Next, I looked thru my stash of painted Library Pockets to see if one would match. I added some ripped masking tape on the front of the pocket for a place for my Ethos House to sit. I also grung-ied the tape up with my stabilo marks-all.



I added some scribbles with a mechanical pencil, and stamped That Look of Otherness all over. I mean ALL over, haha.


To finish it off, I just dropped some Acrylic Ink in Titanium White around on my page and that's it! I know it looks like a lot going on but it really didn't take long to make.



I admit, it's not my usual style but I am loving it. Sometimes it's fun to step outside of your arty comfort zone and try something new, right?!


Process Video:


OTHER SUPPLIES USED:
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic
 -Fucshia
 -Ocean
 -Cheddar
 -Lemon
 -Turquois
Dina Wakley Media Journal
Dina Wakley Stencil
 -Medievel Crosses
 -Ladders
Library Pockets
Stabilo Marks-All
Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks
Masking Tape
Dina Wakley Washi Tape
Glossy Accents (as adhesive)
Mechanical Pencil
Liquitex Acrylic Ink in Titanium White


Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out with me today!
~Jenn

No comments: