Monday, December 31, 2018

"Nourish Your Soul" Art Journal by Fiona


Hello VLVS! peeps. Fiona here with you today to share an art journal page that I have created using the amazeballs Viva Las Vegastamps!

I decided to go a little bit black, white and red for this one! This Lotus Petal Silhouette stamp is so simple and beautiful. I wanted to feature it for it's simplicity.

And to balance the page I added some quintessential Viva Las Vegastamps! designs ..... like this Lingerie Model stamp. It's so unique ... you wouldn't find anything like this any where else but at VLVS! 


The pop of red on the page makes both of these stamps a feature which is exactly what they need to have.

  I also love to stamp on book pages when it comes to "see through" or silhouette style stamps like these two.


I also tried some stamping on some calico to give the page a bit of texture. Even though the red is nice it is also good to have some depth through texture.


So of course some hand stitching needed to be added. This tied the fabric elements together.


To top it off ... one of my most favourite sayings "If It Doesn't Nourish Your Soul Get Rid Of It" ... such good advice.

Viva Las Vegastamps Used:

Thank you for hanging around throughout the year guys. It's been a blast. I'll see you all again in 2019!



No comments: