Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Feeling the Love | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here with my latest design team project for you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout to share that features an abstract painted & stamped background and a photo of one of my most treasured scrappy friends taken at a retreat last year.


I began this page with some heavy weight white cardstock and a few Dylusions acrylic paints. I used a brush to apply the paint randomly in a few different directions; simply following my instinct and a rough idea of where I was going to put my photo.


Once I had the paint in place and it had dried, it was time to add some stamping to the background. I started with a few stamps from one of my very favourite plates, #1495. I used the Rows of Numbers and the Typeset Scallop to add some vertical and horizontal structure to my page using black Staz On ink. I then used the Cross Marks Background stamp with Ranger Archival Ink (Paradise Teal) to add some extra depth. 


Next, I added my photo to the page using Miracle Tape and then began building layers around it. I started with a few Jane Davenport patterned papers, which featured gorgeous painted style backgrounds. I used the Large Butterfly Gossamer and stamped out a couple, then fussy cut them and set them aside. I then repeated the process with the Whimsical Leaf and the Leaves stamps. I then began assembling my page.


I used the fussy cut leaves and placed them along the horizontal line created by the scallop stamp, tucking the ends in under the photo. I layered the whimsical leaves and tucked them in beneath the photo.


The two butterflies were adhered along the body only, allowing the wings to be bent up away from the page. I then took some white cotton thread and added some on top of each one, wrapping a few strands around the wings.


My page still need more though, so I took the opportunity to use up a few old Heidi Swapp acetate ephemera pieces that I had in my stash. These were perfect for layering over the painted and stamped background as they allowed the colours and patterns underneath to still be visible, while adding an extra layer over the top.


To finish off my page I stamped some Scribble Hearts with Vivid Chartreuse Archival Ink. I also added some scribbles with a Stabilo All Pencil; and some tiny splatters of Colour Blast 'Mermaid' Colour Artist Ink.


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:
Leaves

Other materials:
- Bazzill cardstock
- Ranger Dylusions acrylic paints
- Ranger Archival Inks
- Staz On 
- Jane Davenport Mixed Media Paper Pad
- white cotton thread
- Heidi Swapp acetate ephemera pieces
- Stabilo All Pencil
- Colour Blast Colour Artist Ink

1 comment:

by belle said...

LOVE the background!! Great page!