Friday, April 28, 2017

Nevertheless, she persisted - Art postcard by Cheetarah


Hey all, it's Cheetarah here and I've recently received some of the gorgeous newly released stamps and my absolute fave among them is this gorgeous whimsical leaf lady by Mary Vogel Lozinak. I created a postcard using one of my gelli printed book pages that had a leaf design on it and some other great stamps that goes well with the whimsy of this stamp. List of stamps and materials used is at the bottom of the post. 

I colored the lady in with alcohol markers and it was stamped on Neenah classic card stock, cut her out and adhered her to the page. The butterflies were stamped with Stazon Midnight blue, as well as the sentiment "finding my way" - thought these two sentiments went great together. They are in the same lettertype as well which is great!  I edged the leafs with ZIG wink of Luna in green and the sentence "nevertheless, she persisted" with ZIG wink of Stella in light green. For the edges of the postcard I used chipped sapphire and twisted citron and blended those together with my fingers. I kept a blue green color scheme going, as we have in our current monthly challenge. You still have a couple of days to join in!


We're all trying to find our way in this world, and it's important that you keep on persisting esp. when you encounter defeat. This sentience is such a powerful one, it encourages to never give up. 

VLVS! used:

Others: 
Alcohol markers (Letraset promarkers) 
Amsterdam Acrylic paint
Pronty leaf stencil 
gelli plate 
Zig wink of stella markers 
Zig wink of Luna markers
Distress crayons 
Staz-on midnight blue, teal, jet black
Liquitex INKS in gold and white

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Gerrina said...

Je blijft kijken....enne die damesstempel is een hele leuke! Groetjes, Gerrina

Linda said...

Loved the post card, Los Vegas is the place which I want to visit once in my life. Thank you for sharing the post card with us

ddd said...

I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that...
Cheapest Thank You Postcard Templates