Friday, August 18, 2023

Pop up card by Arwen

 Hi peeps ❤

Welcome back on this Blog!

Today, I wanna share my pop up card, which is my first one ever (this special one).

Open:


closed:


some close-ups:




And that's the way, I made it:

1.) I used black cardstock for my card. In this picture, you can see how many parts you need and how big they have to be.



2.) For the layers, I used watercolor paper. In this picture you can also see how big these layers have to be and how many you need.



3.) First you stick the narrow strips in the middle of the back of the 7cm x 6.5cm cards. Each card a stripe.



4.) Before proceeding with the construction, let's lay out the layers. I have chosen a pattern from 2 different motifs for the inside and outside. I stamped with Distress Oxide and finally sprayed glitter water on the paper.



5.) Now our small cards with the glued-on strips are used. First we stick 1 card down in the middle part, on the left edge. Leave a few millimeters to the left and below. Only the first 1.5 cm of the strip are glued. The right side of the strip is glued to the right map flap. Make sure the end of the strip lines up with the fold of the card. You may need to shorten the strip a bit.



6.) Now repeat the same procedure with the 2nd small card. Only this time you start at the top right. Again leave a few millimeters of space and then adjust the other end of the strip and glue it to the left map flap.
Now all you have to do is design the layers for the small cards and the pop-up card is ready.
If you want, you can also create parts layers for the small strips (see my finished map).
The card can be left as it is or closed with a ribbon for example.



All stamps, I used:

- Doodle Circle

- Doodle Dots

- Whimsical Face with Horns

- Spotty Background

- Spend your Life


other supplies:

- black cardstock

- watercolor paper

- Staz on

- Distress Oxides

- Distress Reinkers

- Waterbrush

- Water mixed with Perfect Pearls

- Ribbon

- ScorPal


See ya soon with another project 💋








2 comments:

Aimee said...

This is fantastic! Than you for the great pop up tutorial.

*Arwen* said...

Thanks Aimee :)