Friday, May 12, 2023

Express soulful notes by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!

For my project today I made an art tag. Enjoy...

I felt a nice spring art was in order. To start, I sprayed three colors- mustard seed, tumbled glass and uncharted mariner onto the tag. Spritzed a little water to help the blend, let dry a bit and then finished the drying with my heat tool.
Once dry, I dropped water drops all around and let that sit for five minutes then dabbed with a paper towel.
It Gives it a more distressed look. Then I Used a pallet knife and light modeling paste through a stencil for the musical notes. spread it through like you're buttering bread. then let dry. Takes about  20 minutes depending on environment. Because I used distress spray, and the paste is wet, it will soak up the underlying color. If you don't want that you can first seal the art with collage medium. Or, you can wipe paint or wax or ink over the top when dry.



I then felt it needed a bit more color so I spritzed some saltwater taffy ink here and there. Not too hard as I wanted drops rather than heavy coverage.

While that dried, I stamped the singer lady and painted her and cut her out. I put foam tape on the back of her to give dimension.

I attached her to my tag and began hot gluing paper flowers all in her hair and down her neck and shoulder. Last, I Gathered the word stickers to make the phrase and stuck them on. And that is it! 
I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog project.

Stamps used: 
Banksy wall singer     20303

Other supplies:
Distress spray stains: Mustard seed, Uncharted Mariner, Tumbled glass, saltwater taffy, frayed burlap, 
tea dye
TH stencil #067 Concerto
Light modeling paste by Golden
Prima paper flowers
TH words stickers




No comments: