Thursday, May 25, 2023

Apothecary by Tracy Blackwolf


 Hello all!!

Todays project is a mixed media panel featuring VLV stamps.

So First I stamped all the images and cut them out. Next I gathered my resin parts that I had previously made and painted and glued the jars onto the frame. I painted the frame with copper acrylic paint and then used patina effect paste over it and the jars. When those were dry, I added some wax to give gold and blue highlights.

Next I painted with distress spray stains, all of my cut out images. I glued the apothecary image to the back of the frame. Next I got a background card from my stash- I had used alcohol inks and rust effect paste on that. I also  used the foundry 3D embossing folder.

I attached the row of books to the apothecary cabinet, colored and stamped the heart and brain in the Victorian display cases and then assembled everything onto the background card.
And there you have an Apothecary shop! I hope you enjoyed!

Stamps Used:
Apothecary cabinet        19515
Steampunk Victorian display case      20348
Row of Books     19740
Human heart    20143
Detailed brain    19696

Other Supplies:
Patina effect paste
Rust effect paste
Gold wax
Patina blue Wax
Copper and Bronze acrylic paint
Distress spray stains: Salvaged patina, twisted citron, gathered twigs, vintage photo, Lumbar jack plaid, saltwater taffy, faded lilac, cracklin campfire, shabby shutters
TH foundry 3D embossing folder



 



No comments: