Friday, August 12, 2022

Winged Victory by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello Everyone!

Today I have done a mixed media canvas panel. Its a great wat to incorporate stamps into your mixed media works.

So for this project I used the finabair moulds and quick cure resin. I made my frame and a set of wings, Painted them with white gesso and once dry I painted with picket fence crackle paint.
Once that was all dry, I used a stencil and modeling paste to give some texture to the background. Just put some paste on aa pallet knife and "butter" your stencil on top of the panel. clean your tools before moving on. If you are impatient like me, you can carefully use a heat tool to dry it.



At this time I used hot glue to glue my frame onto the panel. I use an exacto knife to make hash marks on the back to give it some tooth since the resin piece is so smooth on the back. Then put my hot glue on. Then add the wings. I then Used three colors of spray stain to spray at random over the whole thing.
Just add until you are happy. Then Dry with heat tool if you want. the colors change a bit when dry for sure.
This is when I start adding moss. Both chunky and powder like green- you can find at the craft store in the miniatures isle. I use any clear dry  glue for this. When you're happy with the moss application, You can do the final step of adding your stamped and colored or painted  image. I used hot glue again as I didn't want it falling off since there is so much texture going on. I put glue on the upper body and just at the bottom and that is it! Finish with a bit of chunky moss at her feet and she's done.

I hope you enjoyed and that you have more ideas for all those stamps! Until next time- Stay arty!

Stamps Used:
Nike Statue   18974

Other Supplies:
Distress spray stains- Vintage photo, Forest moss, Iced Spruce
Distress re inker: Weathered Wood
Glimmer mist spray: Light Rosewood, Antique brown
Moss: Model- bushes, Model green grass
Finabair mould: Baroque Frames, Amun And Bast
TH crackle paint - picket fence







No comments: