Friday, August 26, 2022

Pale moonlight by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello  friends!

I am here today with a new art tag for the blog. I love space so I hope you enjoy this tag-

    

So this kind of tag is fun to do because you don't really know what you'll get until the end when its dry. And if you hate it , keep working it. This is why I use 110 pound paper or higher- I make these really wet and the paper can handle it. So to start, I try to figure out where I'm going to want my "nebulas" or light areas. Then leave them light as you can.

I dry the yellow and blue most of the way at this point. Then I start to add darker colors.

I need some red in there for sure- I like cracklin campfire for this as its a red orange.

You can dry it a bit at this point but not too much, were going to add the black now and you want it to blend while still keeping the light areas.

keep that yellow spray handy and also your water spray bottle. some places may need a bit of water to help blend. Now you can start drying more. spray on some yellow if things are getting too dark. Things will definitely lighten up when dry all the way through. This will be totally wet for a while. When the black is dry you can spray on more light colors if you like, even some pink looks good in there.

When dry, or mostly dry, You can splatter on some white pigment ink from a re inker for the stars. I used a gel pen as well.
You will also want a regular qtip to make the white smoke or gas among the stars and if you want the glow effect on the stars. The key with this is to dip the qtip in the white ink and then dab most it off on a paper towel . You want it pretty dry to get the right effect. Then just dab away. Its a bit fussy but so worth it. Too much in one spot, get a clean qtip and keep dabbing.
I cut out my stamped image and needed the swing ropes to be longer so I stamped the ropes and yes, I cut them out and attached them to the image with glue. I know- crazy. Then I painted her with the sprays using a paint brush. Put some foam tape behind her as I wanted her to stand out.

See how much it lightens when dry! I did add a few spays of colors in here between dryings.
Now for the moon, well I don't have a VLV moon stamp so I used The Christmas ball for my moon. I just needed a bit of it- works great!

Play, play play with this technique. You will get something different every time. If you hate what you have, walk away, let it dry and come back later and spray more light colors~ you'll  end up with something great I bet!
Until next time, Keep stamping!

Stamps Used:

Pale moonlight   19351

Christmas ball    9234

Banksy Swing Girl   19425

Other Supplies:

Distress ink sprays: Salvaged patina, squeezed lemonade, cracklin campfire, black soot, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, twisted citron, picked raspberry, blueprint sketch

While gel pen, silver sparkle gel pen

White pigment reinker

foam tape, qtips

 #8 tags TH





No comments: