Friday, July 22, 2022

Vitruvian Man by Tracy Blackwolf

Hello everyone~ hope you're all keeping cool !

Here is my new blog post for this week.

So for this project I used the "smooshing " technique to create the colorful background.

I put a bit of the three colors I used on a sheet of glass, spread them with my finger and then spritzed them with some water to blend a bit.


Keep smooshing card or tag on ink until you like the result. Let dry and then drip water onto it to give a more distress look. I used oxide inks for this card.
When it was dry, I added a little yellow distress spray to give a sun break like look. I then stamped the Vitruvian man  on card stock and on a sheet of acetate, I painted the cardstock one and fussy cut him out. I cut out the entire image on the acetate.
Then I used several inks and stamps and randomly stamped the background on the tag.
I put two strips of 3d tape on the back of the man as I wanted him to stand off the tag,. I went into my Dresden trims wings stash and found the perfect wings for him. Those coper wings gave him a steampunk vibe so I stamped some cogs around the edges of the tag.
I also added some metallic wax around the edges of the tag to pull it all together. Last, I found some verbage stickers  to finish the tag.

And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed my art tag today! until next time~ stay arty!!


Stamps Used:
Vitruvian Man-Lg.     19763
Periodic table        19449
Atomic structure     19451
Human heart    20143
DNA strand     19437
Nesting gears 2      18077

Other supplies:
Distress oxide reinkers: Abandoned coral, Fired Brick, Black Soot
Distress ink spray: Squeezed  Lemonade
Redesign decor wax- Cosmic ray
Dresden trims- copper wings
acetate
#8 tags -TH
Versaclair inks- Black, Pinecone, morning mist





1 comment:

Christine Kiehl said...

This is just so awesome!!! Love it!