Monday, December 13, 2021

Winter Scene by Fran C

Hello everyone!

Today I made a Winter scene using the only Christmassy stamps that I have from VLVS! I hope you like it :)


 First of all I stamped the snowman, signpost and houses onto the card, using a mask made from torn paper under the houses for the snow.

I then stamped the images again and cut them out to use as masks while I did the sky (I didn't need the snowman in the end!)


I coloured the sky with a stencil brush and Chipped Sapphire distress ink, only lightly at first.



I stamped a star in Yellow and made a soft haze round it with Squeezed Lemonade distress ink, then added stripes in the sky with Wilted Violet and Twisted Citron distress inks to represent the Northern Lights, building up the colour slowly.



 cc


I coloured the snowman with Copic Pens, and also stamped the Banksy penguins to add some balance.  I coloured the windows in the houses a bright yellow.


I added some holographic glitter on the top of the snow line, and on the snowman and his tree.


Lastly, I added shadows and then some snow by hitting a white Posca pen with a metal ruler (masking anything I didn't want the snow to cover).



Stamps Used:

Frosty the Snowman with Tree         19810

Skyline Silouette 19812

Sign Post 19808

North Star Symbol 19818

Banksy penguins 20296

Other Items Used:

Distress inks in Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Chipped Sapphire

Versafine Clair in Nocturn

Copic Pens

White Posca Pen

Holographic Glitter

|Zig brush pen in Fluorescent Yellow

Black fineliner

Glue pen

Copy paper for masks

Hope you enjoy this scene.  Merry Christmas to you all!





1 comment:

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous scene!!! Love your card Fran... Thanks for the smile too teehee :)