Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Abstract art journal page with stamp collaging

Hi everyone,

today I want to share this mostly abstract art journal page with you that I created with a whole bunch of stamps and a few sprays.

My surface is a 9 x 9 inch watercolor paper that I glued to my album after it was finished. I started by grabbing a few stamps with patterns, marks and typo and just stamped them on the page. I concentrated the stamping to the upper right and top left corner to keep some white space. This helps to not overload the whole page.
I also did some kind of masking for the tag image by just putting a sheet of paper over it while adding some stamps (not all, some are still overlapping it).

After the stamping was done, I started by adding some Lindy's Gang sprays. I started with blue, then the reddish brown and at least the golden color. I dried the page between each color and also added a little water every now and then.
Regarding my tag, I was careful not to add any of the dark colors to it to keep it kind of standing out visually. This kind of stamp collage doesn't necessarily need a focal point or focal image, it was just something that I found nice while I was in the process.

For finishing the page, I stamped the quote onto some paper I used to clean up my desk during the previous process. It had some nice and not too bright stains on it. I ct it to strips and glued it into the top left corner.


Stamp collaging is a simple technique to create a page that I have always liked. You can play with different stamps, colors and layouts, add a focal image or not and get totally unique results every time you do it.

 


Stamps used:
Army Baggage Tag (20690)
Pensylvania Railroad Baggage Tag (20694)
Thick Lines Row (20696)
Writing and Scribbles Collage (20695)
Writing Chevron (19824)
Row of Chevrons (19829)
Doodle Triangles (20572)
Plus Sign Background (20571)
Rows of Numbers (20170)
Row of Scribble Squares (20164)
Row of Scribble Circles/Eyes (20172)
Punchinella/Sequin Waste Border (20161)
Art is Anything - Andy Warhol (20169)

Other material:
- Canson watercolor paper
- Versafine Claire Ink (nocturne)
- Lindy's Gang Starburst sprays (dragonfly denim, gnome berry bordeaux, sparkling sunset)


See you soon!


2 comments:

Eva Schoch said...

Love love love this Page.
Thank you so much for sharing your ideas ❤

Natalie said...

Thank you Eva ❤