Friday, December 10, 2021

Balloon Airship by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello Everyone!

Today I have a fun card for the blog...I used the glitter/ glue technique.

A little steampunk sparkle for today..To start out, stamp on a sheet of acetate with Staz ON ink. I ink the stamp then put the acetate on top always holding one end, and I roll a rubber brayer over it to make sure I get a solid clear imprint.

Carefully peel off and set aside to dry. you can use a heat tool from far away if need be but it can warp the acetate so be careful. For the background I picked a card out of my stash- it was done using the smooshing technique. Once your acetate is dry, use the opposite side that was stamped on and begin "coloring " in the image doing small parts at a time, with the glue. you want a white glue that dries clear. You will also need a fine tip on the glue bottle.

Once you have some glue down, pour glitter over it, make sure its covered good. I always put the glitter jar on a sheet of clean paper, it helps for pouring it back into the jar.

Continue to fill in the image with glue and then coat with glitter. do in stages as the glue will start to dry and it affects how it looks when dry. Keep your hand out of the way too...lol. You can use any glitter you like. I tend to prefer transparent glitters but any look beautiful. Transparent glitters tend to blend better than opaque ones if that's what you want to do. When done set it aside to dry. That will take several hours depending on climate. I just let them be overnight.







Once dry, cut out image, put on foam squares, stamp the small balloons on the background and then attach airship. I finished off with a metal cog and a crystal skull. its very sparkly but in a subdued way.
Great for anyone! When I used to tach classes, this was one of the most popular ones- the glitter technique. Make sure you use really sticky tape or foam squares. red liner tape works great. Hope you enjoyed! See you soon!!

Stamps used:
Balloon Airship    18157
Hot air balloons with flags    19006
Small gear     8080

Other supplies:
Brilliance ink pad- Mineral
Staz On- black
Art Glitter Dries clear glue
Art Glitter- Glitter- Wildwood, gingerbread, and my own mix jar
Small bottle with ultrafine tip- amamzon




No comments: