Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Tag and Train


Tag You're It!

Today I want to share some tag love with you!

I just love creating vintage grungy tags!


Stamps Used:



I chose to start with some scrapbook paper I had left over from a project. I created a 3x6 in tag and used various brown distress inks to ink the edges and add a bit of color through a Tim Holtz layering stencil.


Using Archival ink, I then stamped my row of numbers and my scribble circle. 


To add visual interest I ripped up some scrap pieces of book pages then glued them down.  To make them pop, yet blend i used brown distress ink to watercolor around the edges.  I wanted this piece to be grungy, so added flicks of vintage photo and antique linen distress stain. 



To finish everything I mounted this tag on a piece of dark brown card-stock, and stitched around it.  I stamped my train on a separate piece of paper and inked it to match the tag.  When it was just like I wanted I added some string in the area of the scribble circle and glued the train down on pop-dots. 

The stickers and metal tab I used are both by Tim Holtz

No comments: