Thursday, January 23, 2020

If this is reality...

Hello everyone,

I'm Natalie and new to the design team. Hope to inspire you with my upcoming posts. Here's my first project to share with you. I recently started creating Memorydex cards and got kind of addicted with that. So I made one where I used the Banksy Dali stamp as my focal image.





To start I die cut the layers for the card from different paper. My base is a black cardstock, the middle layer is a gelli printed background I found in my stash and for the top layer I chose watercolor paper. I also stamped the Dali stamp on watercolor cardstock and cut it out.





To create the top layer of my card I smudged some Oxide Inks to a non-stick craft mat, added water and swiped my paper through the ink. I dried it between each color. I also did some background stamping with 'mesh texture' and 'writing triangles' in the same Oxides colors that I used before. 




I found this fantastic quote stamp which says "if this is reality I'm not interested". It had the perfect words but not the right size for my project. So I masked parts of the stamp and stamped word by word to rearrange the shape.





As a final step I glued my card layers on top of each other and added the Dali image that I cut out earlier.









I used the following stamps:

Banksy Salvador Dali Street Artist (19941)
If This Is Reality (19884)
Mesh Texture (19569)
Writing Triangles (19571)

Other materials:
- Studio Light Die cut stencil 153 (for Memorydex)
- Paper: black cardboard, gelli printed kraft paper, Canson watercolor paper
- Distress Oxide Inks: Cracked pistachio, Abandoned coral, Broken China
- Versafine Ink Onyx Black


See you soon! :) 




No comments: