Friday, March 08, 2019

Book Week 18 | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here with my latest design team project for you. Today I am sharing an 8.5x11" mixed media scrapbook layout I created to document some photos of my daughter from last year. These were taken when her school was doing a book character parade to celebrate Book Week.


To create my page I first decided where my photos were going to be placed, then painted a quick background using Dina Wakley acrylic paints. Once the paint was dry, I added my stamping using black StazOn ink.


At the top of my page I used the This Book Belongs To: stamp, adding it twice, then once again below my photos. I then added the Chevron Banner and Triangle Banner, so they would adjoin each of my photos and help create flow across the page. 


At the bottom of my page, I added the Be Adorable quote stamp (which is filled with sentiments that I absolutely love that are very appropriate for my daughter). 

I then added a few papery layers to go under my photos. First, I stamped a pair of paint sample cards with the Library Return Card stamp. I love using these cards in my layering, as it makes it so easy to coordinate colours and they are free from my local hardware store. 


I also added some book paper, a paper doily, washi tape, frayed gauze and some black cord into my layers before sticking the photos on top. 

For my title, I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphabet stickers, then stamped the "18" using the Grunge 1 and Grunge 8 stamps. 


After that, it was simply a matter of adding some quick journaling with a felt pen and I was done. I couldn't believe how quickly this page came together - I love it when things just fall into place! 
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:
Grunge 1 

Other materials:
- white cardstock
- Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- paint sample cards
- assorted collage materials (as mentioned above)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphabet stickers

No comments: